Have you ever wanted to know more about hip replacement surgery? How the joints are connected? What an X-Ray of your hip looks like? MK Orthopaedics has helpful information and pictures to keep you informed! Click the following link to learn more: MK Orthopaedics | Hip Replacement Surgery
Our goal at MK Orthopaedics it is to provide you with the best possible medical care and the most outstanding patient experience. To learn more about MK Orthopaedics make sure to visit us online or call us today to schedule an appointment to meet our staff.
Knee replacement surgery is a major operation that requires a lot of thought and consideration before making the decision to go through with the procedure.
You will want to visit with your orthopaedic surgeon and discuss your concerns with them. They will be able to give you their medical opinion of your condition and tell you if they think you are a good candidate for knee replacement surgery .
If you are suffering from knee pain, here are some signs that you may be a good candidate for knee replacement surgery :
- The pain caused by your knee keeps you from working and participating in regular everyday activities, such as walking or climbing up and down stairs.
- The pain lingers, even after you have rested your leg.
- Medication has not helped to relieve your pain or only works for a short period of time.
- You cannot sleep due to the severity of your pain.
- You have difficulty bending your knee that impairs your mobility and ability to sit.
- You have a condition such as osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis, as both of these joint disorders wear down the knee.
- Weight loss has not helped relieve the pain, or being overweight is not a factor.
- Physical therapy has not caused an improvement in your knee.
Rehabilitation after knee replacement surgery requires a lot of time, so it is important that you are confident that the surgery is your only option before you decide to go through with it.
The expert orthopaedic doctors here at MK Orthopaedics are well trained in knee replacement surgery. We can help you decide if surgery is right for you and discuss rehabilitation time and other factors to consider. Our friendly staff is available to answer questions and field any concerns you may have regarding the surgical process.
We also specialize in hip replacement and can discuss your options with you if you are interested in this as well. Contact us today to learn more!
This video from Massachusetts General Hospital shows an animation of an Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) Reconstruction.
- First, a graft is taken from the middle third part of the patella tendon. This tendon is approximately 10 centimeters long. The defect in the patient’s tendon is stitched closed.
- An instrument called an arthiscope is then placed into the knee and displays the image on a TV monitor.
- Surgeons use a guide pin to create a tunnel from the tibial tunnel to the femoral tunnel. This pin, along with the help of drills, pulls the ACL graft through the tibial tunnel, across the joint, and into the femoral tunnel.
- It is then secured and tightened, with screws keeping it in place until the bone plugs eventually heal.
To watch this video click the following link: Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) Reconstruction Animation
If you are interested in more information on ACL reconstruction, visit the experienced orthopaedic surgeons here at MK Orthopaedics.
Choosing the right orthopaedic doctor can be easy if you know what to look for. If you’re going in for a knee replacement or other major orthopaedic surgery, you deserve the comfort of knowing that you’re in the hands of a professional, experienced orthopaedic surgeon .
This is why it is essential that you do some research and shop around before deciding on the surgeon that will ultimately be performing your surgery. So sit down, grab a pen and some paper, and take notes on these 4 tips for choosing the best orthopaedic doctor :
- Find out about the educational history of your surgeon. Make sure they have their degrees and medical licenses available to see, either in their office on display, or by patient request.
- Ask about your orthopaedic surgeon’s experience. Do they specialize in the surgery you’re interested in? If you’d like, ask for a list of references, this will enable you to see how former patients felt about their surgery and their results.
- Talk to your primary physician. Ask for their opinion on orthopaedic doctors . They will be able to give you the names of the doctors they find most reliable and experienced.
- Be picky! Don’t be afraid to trust your instincts and speak with as many orthopaedic surgeons as you need until you find the right one. The most important part of this process is that you feel completely comfortable with the surgeon you choose so that you feel safe and well-cared for during and after your surgery.
Visit our patient library to learn more about your condition or symptoms and find out if surgery is right for you. Our doctors are available to speak with you about your options and what route is best for you.
If you’re interested in learning more about orthopaedic surgery, give us a call or request an appointment online today!
Watch this video to learn more about MK Orthopaedics . Once you watch the video, let us know what you think!
MK Orthopaedics specializes in a variety of procedures and surgeries to fit all of our patients needs. Make sure to visit us online or call us today at (815) 741-6900!
Dr. Komanduri is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon who has been serving Will County and the Greater Joliet Area since 1994. He has been instrumental in starting and maintaining sports medicine coverage for local colleges and high schools. He has served as team physician for Plainfield High School, Joliet Junior College, Minooka High School, and Joliet Catholic Academy. He is the current Team Physician for Providence Catholic High School (since 1995) and University of Saint Francis (since 1999).
Dr. Komanduri grew up in the western suburbs and attended Naperville North High School. He received a full academic scholarship to attend the University of Miami and was accepted into the Honors Program in Medical Education. He graduated Summa Cum Laude with a double major in Biology and English Literature (with concentration on Romantic Literature). Dr. Komanduri attended University of Miami School of Medicine and graduated in 1989. He completed an internship and orthopaedic surgery residency at the University of Chicago from 1989-1994.
to read more click here
At MK Orthopaedics it is our goal to provide you with the best possible medical care and an outstanding patient experience. To learn more about MK Orthopaedics make sure to visit us online or call us today to schedule an appointment.
- Orthopaedic Health
- Broken Bones
- Knee Replacement Surgery
- Spine Pain
- good health
- Dr. George
- Second Medical Opinion
- Back Pain
- Hip Pain
- Hip Replacement
- Ankle Reconstruction
- Ankle Arthroscopy
- Low Back Pain
- Rotator Cuff
- Fully Torn Rotator Cuff
- Soft Cast
- Elbow Pain
- Tommy John Surgery
- Wrist Pain
- Hip Impingement
- Cartilage Transplant
- Knee Pain
- Anterior Hip Replacement
- Shoulder Pain
- Lateral Lumbar Interbody Fusion
- Ankle Replacement
- Heel Bone Fractures
- Open MRI
- MRI Arthrogram
- Carticel Transplant
- Extracorporeal Therapy
- Sciatic Pain
- Ankle Pain
- Arch Problems
- Lumbar Disc Herniation
- Minimally Invasive Back Surgery